Metorex communities policy
Metorex is committed to:
Metorex Limited is a diversified mining company that operates in different countries each with their own unique cultures. The Company strives to minimise potential negative social impacts while promoting opportunities and benefits for host communities. The Company engages in a range of sustainable development and community relations activities.
- Continually improving community development and community investment programmes through monitoring, measuring and managing our social and economic impacts;
- Developing programmes that ensure the sustainable welfare of communities;
- Upholding and promoting the human rights of our employees and contractors, our suppliers, and the communities in which we operate;
- Recognising and respecting indigenous people’s culture, heritage and traditional rights and supporting the identification, recording, management and protection of indigenous cultural heritage;
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships with people who are directly affected or interested in our operations; and
- Managing the risk of public health threats amongst employees, contractors and local communities.