Metorex environmental policy
Metorex is committed to:
Metorex Limited is a diversified mining company that undertakes its activities in a manner that strives to minimise or eliminate negative impacts and maximise positive impacts of an environmental or socio-economic nature. The Company is committed to responsible stewardship of natural resources and the ecological environment.
- Continually improving the assessment and improvement of environmental performance and the prevention of pollution through the implementation of processes, practices and techniques to avoid, reduce or control the creation, emission or discharge of any type of pollutant or waste and to reduce adverse environmental impacts;
- The integration of environmental management into management practices throughout the Company;
- Minimising the use of consumptive resources and promoting the reduction and recycling of waste products where possible;
- Rehabilitating disturbed land and protecting environmental biodiversity;
- Exercising prudence with critical ecological resources, in particular where impacts are unknown or uncertain;
- Managing environmental risk in the workplace and surrounding areas;
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organisation subscribes and which relate to its environmental aspects;
- Training and educating employees in environmental responsibilities; and
- Being transparent and constructive in interactions with stakeholders.
Employees and contractors working on Metorex operations play a fundamental role in achieving environmental objectives through:
- Taking ownership of, and participating in, environmental management programmes and initiatives; and
- Integrating environmental concerns into everyday practice.