Metorex is a base metals mining company operating in Southern Africa and recognises that risk management is a systematic way of protecting business resources and income against losses such that strategic and operational objectives can be achieved.
Metorex is committed to complying with the governance of risk principles included in the King III Report by:
- Assigning responsibility to the Board for the governance of risk and for setting the levels of risk tolerance and risk appetite for the Group;
- Assigning responsibility to management for providing and implementing a structured and consistent process to identify, analyse, and manage, report and regularly review the risks associated with business activities;
- Identifying business objectives and the risks to achieving those objectives;
- Controlling and managing risk exposures through appropriate risk reduction and mitigation actions;
- Regularly reporting and disclosure on any current, imminent or envisaged key risks and associated mitigation actions to the relevant stakeholders;
- Creating the desired risk culture throughout the Group;
- Ensuring that employees and contractors have the relevant hazard identification and risk management skills to perform their work-related tasks in a safe manner;
- Making this Policy available to employees, contractors and other stakeholders.
Employees and contractors working on Metorex operations play a fundamental role in controlling, minimising and eliminating risks through:
- Taking ownership of and actively participating in hazard identification and risk management programmes and initiatives.